Thursday, August 13, 2009

Next In Line Empress Raw: Royalty

http://24hourhiphop.com/thumbs/articles/Next%20In%20Line/2120480001Empress%20Raw-2.500x350.jpg

24
: Introduce yourself to everyone and let them know where you’re representing?

Empress Raw: I go by the name of Wilameana Jones aka Empress R.A.W and I represent Dade County also known as the The Mi-Yayo, 305 stand up!

24: What do you feel your bringing to the music world and what
separates you from the next new artist?

Empress Raw: I definitely am bringing a fresh and new approach to the game. I'm bringing something that the world has never experienced before from a female rapper. I’m creating my own lane. I pride myself on being an Entertainer. I’m remolding the culture and I’m a chameleon I have the ability to go from one creative extreme to the next.

24: Who were some artist that you would say influence you musically and are there any female artist today that you like maybe someone like Nicki MinaJ who has the internet/streets buzzing right now?

Empress Raw: I am very animated with a lot of my rhymes. I am influenced by artists such as T.I, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Brisco and Mary. J Blidge to name a few. I respect Nicki Minaj
and any other females on the grind because it’s not easy for females to get on in this male dominated industry and I definitely understand that sex sells. But that’s not what I’m on, I miss artists like Eve to a Queen Latifah. They made a statement and were able to transcend into other areas in the entertainment business without selling pussy raps. I’m aiming to make an impact by embracing my sexiness but standing for more.

24: Tell about some the projects you’re currently working on?

Empress Raw: I am currently working on a street album/mix tape but in the meantime I have been pushing my latest single produced by House of Bangers called “Hellow”(Look @ Me Now).

24: Do you feel any added pressure trying to make labels notice you and give you a shot compared to if you were a male up and coming artist?

Empress Raw: There is definitely more pressure as a female rapper we are at the bottom of the food chain in this business. There is not even a category on major award shows for female rappers anymore. It’s
like were becoming extinct! That is exactly why I started a movement on www.coredjradio.ning.com/groups/djs4femalerap. To create unity amongst females and to bring awareness that there are still many talented
female artists that’s on their grind and we deserve a shot.

24: Who are some of the producers you have been working with and who would you love to work with in the near future?

Empress Raw: I’ve worked with Kochease, House of Bangers and a list of other great up and coming producers. In the near future I will be working with Gorilla Tek very soon. I would love to work with producers like Cool & Dre, The Runners, Kanye West, Shawty Red, Jim Jonsin, Swiss Beatz, Polow Da Don and Pharell.

24: At a time when the music industry is at an Up & Down state which would you what to sign to an Indie Label or a Major?

Empress Raw: Independent definitely is the way to go if you have a great team and great investors. It allows you to have more creative control and freedom. The only way I would want to sign with a major is
if they really believed in me! But an ideal deal for me would be an independent/major deal such a Flo Rida deal with Poe Boy Music Group/Atlantic or even Billy Blue who is on Poe Boy Music Group/Konvict/Interscope, and Ace Hood over at We the Best/Def Jam.

24: What should the readers look out for from you in 2009?

Empress Raw: I am going to be the next influential female entertainer that blazes on the scene hailing from Miami,FL.

24: How can someone find out more about to and check out your music?

Empress Raw: you can check my music out on www.myspace.com/empressraw, YoutTube at www.youtube.com/empressraw or www.coredjradio.ning.com/groups/djs4femalerap (join the mvmt) and
you can always tweet me up on Twitter at www.twitter.com/empressraw not to mention now here on 24HourHipHop.com.

24: Is there anything you want to say to the readers?

Empress Raw: It's ya girl Wilameana Jones aka the Empress R.A.W. A Empress is one who holds her own imperial title. Raw stands for (Real Authentic Women) aka the rawest bitch alive! I do this for my city Dade County stand up! Haters I appreciate you, you inspire me to go harder and let me know I’m doing something right. My supporters, fans, followers, I thank you for your encouragement. Two times for my
family and my true friends you know who you are. Thank you Jay and 24hourhiphop.com for giving me and other rising stars the opportunity to shine. I’m a free agent but I’m on my job so you can
Google me. For bookings and features contact Mitch: at (305) 975-0319 or empressraw@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment